Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Innocence Lost II: Black Leaders Responce

Hey All,
Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks as I do after all. My only wonder is why it took so long? The reason I wrote the last blog entry was because no one seemed to be talking about the facts of the last two years. This is not even close to a new issue, yet the politicians and media are treating it as if something has changed.

They deserve a slap upside the head.

Does anyone remember Counsillor Michael Thompson call to stop all black male youth in "troubled" neighbourhoods? As much as I think he should lose his seat for saying something that dangerous and idiotic, his reason for saying this --or should I say his "reason" (because he seems to also have other political reasons)-- was because average black male youths didn't feel safe (and apparently told him so). Now I know that he is a topic unto himself, but the point is something is happening in the last few years that seems to have changed the gang landscape.

I grew up on Jane & Woolner. For those who don't know, it's one of those "troubled" neighbourhood. About ten years ago, I could easily tell you that the main and only gang there was the 'Gators. There was clashes that happened regularly betwen them and other gangs. But the biggest difference, it seems anyway, is that instead of knifes, fist and various other blunt objects, guns are more likely to be used now-a-days.

What has changed? I wish I had a clue.

Right now, I'm going to end this blog here... mostly cause a few hours ago, I had one of my wisdom teeth removed. I'm a little too distracted to continue. But I will continue this tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home