Saturday, February 23, 2008

What a protest!




What a protest. I mean look at their indignity!

Okay, some background... this takes place in Belgrade, Serbia during the riots in protest of Kosovo's declaration of independence. I assume the Serbs were protesting, out of anger, how Kosovo shouldn't be a free nation. These two women, as you can see from the various things they carry, are taking part in this aspect of democracy... you know the right to cause havoc because you felt slighted.

Now before I get flack (from the one or two readers I have) for trivializing all riots, let me say, I'm am speaking only about these women in this riot, at this time. I mean really, why would Serbs destroy stores in Belgrade, in stores run (presumably -- as far as the two women or I is concerned) by fellow Serbs? To protest against Kosovo for wanting to be free from them???

WTF??? (Worse Than Failure)

Yeah....... okay then.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah or maybe they were doing it because they're poor and trying to make some money in a country whose economy and infrastructure was destroyed by American bombing in 1999. One of them was even quoted as saying "we looted because we are poor", not that you should expect the media to give you any perspective other than their own.

3:01 p.m.  
Blogger Selam said...

My whole point was that this was an example of "protests". I'm sure some people were pissed, I'm sure some where poor. Quite frankly though, I highly doubt their words of "poverty". It's self serving. Besides someone who's "poor" doesn't have a CELLPHONE. Watch the video.

That being said, it's clear they were not the only one doing this. You telling me that all those people are doing it because they're poor? Please.

6:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home