Monday, July 27, 2009

Explaining Emergent Churches

Explaining Emergent Churches - Inner Compass from Calvin College on Vimeo.



Something interesting to listen to (26 minutes). It's about the Emergent Churches. To be honest, I have no idea what they are. Ok... that's not 100% true, I think I can guess at what they might be. Basically it has to do with "fundamentally" changing how churches work. I quote fundamentally because I'm not entirely sure that it is changing Christian at all. Interestingly, the guy in this video says a similar-ish type thing. I'm still processing so I'm not sure.

I have to add that I got this link from a friend (see link at the title). As I watched this I couldn't help but think of a couple of things I've heard from a few different sources, including Rick Warren in his book Purpose Driven Church. Basically that these new movements are often because there is a lack, or something missing from what the churches are currently doing. Even the Collins talks about action, love and being born again I am reminded of Jesus imploring Peter to "feed [his] sheep" (John 21 I believe). Still this is more than interesting to listen to. I know I will have to listen to it a couple of times in order to fully grasp all that he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home