Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happiness comes & goes...

Happiness come and goes.  It's an emotion we feel depending on what is happening.  Are you really going to be happy if you broke your favorite mug?  I doubt it, and why should you be?  It's okay to be sad about... it's was a great mug.  But even though I can be sad at that moment that I lost my favorite mug, I can still be thankful and joyous that I even had a great mug to begin with.

Paul encourages the Thessalonians* to be "joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus".  Think about it, he commands joy.  Which implies that it's a choice.  He commands gratitude, which implies it's a choice.  And finally he indicated this is what God's plan for us is. 

Joy, prayer and gratitude.

In a time of fortune telling, and horoscope reading he gives a simple understanding of what is expected of us.

And you know what?  It doesn't take a whole book, to get this message across.  But it does take us a lot of time and energy to get it down.

So, today I'll practice the first. 

Joy. 

You should too... or not, but it is your choice.

--
ሰላም  ዮሃንስ

*1 Thess 5:16-18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home