Thursday, July 21, 2005

More Eritrea


More Eritrea
Originally uploaded by
Mehretube.

Hey All,

I was glancing on my computer when I saw this picture and I thought I'd post it. It is that tour I took with my dad and the guide in my grandad's old town. As it turns out, both my dad and grandad were born and raised in Asmara (the capital city of Eritrea). But my dad tells me (the last I talked to him) that 'no one is really from Asmara'. I know that sounds strange... I'm not sure I understand it myself. But apparantly you are from the town that your ancestors are from. No one is really from Asmara. I don't know if I buy that mind you, but that's what I'm told. The name of the town (see above picture) is Quazien. And the province or area is Hamasien.

The guy in the middle is my dad. The one on the right is that tall guide, and the other dude is just some guy who came with us a bit (I think.... or he was just some guy we past... but I think it's the former). I, of course, took the picture.

For more interesting pictures check out the February and March 2005 Archives in this blog. [May 2003]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home