Monday, July 04, 2005

Tour de Lance

The tour de France started last saturday... and I'm excited. It actually took me by surprise, I guess I wasn't expecting it to be soo soon. In the last two years, I've noted two things... the Tour brings about great photography, and Lance is very inspirational. I've learned so much just from the occasional interview that I hear about/from him. The one quote of his that stuck me recently (especially given that I run myself)...

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever."

A good philosophy to take with us no matter what we do... when it's hard to get up for a run... trying to help someone... endless possibilities. Hope you all have a joyous day.

The Author

P.S. If you are interested in the Tour and want good, in depth coverage, with breathtaking photos... check out http://www.velonews.com/tour2005 ... and if you are interested in other years, just change the year date on the URL.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Pain may be temporary and quitting may be forever, but eternity in hell is far worse than both.

I have always been impressed with Lance's survival story and his triumph in the Tour de France. But the thing that has always left me feeling that this man is not really all that worthy of my admiration is that he is not a Christian.

In fact, before he left his wife and young children, he said that he beat cancer and the prayers of his devoutly Christian wife had nothing to do with it. "Pride comes before destruction and a hauty spirit before then fall." - Proverb 16:18

9:23 a.m.  
Blogger Selam said...

Hey Dave,
I would agree that he is too prideful sometimes. But to clarify, he didn't leave his wife... she left him. In part that is what makes it sad. His parents were/are Christian as well, and he is bitter towards Christianity as a whole. Hopefully one day he will see God for who He is.

One thing I've learned is that even gift that Lance has are God given. I hope he eventually realilzes that too.

2:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home