Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Homelessness

You know what just occurred to me?

I was reading a blog, and it's title was "Solution to Homelessness". My first thought was, there is no solution. I was thinking about all the conversations I've had with various homeless folks. Some simply don't want to have responsibility. They like the lifestyle. ---As a quick aside, I have heard some people (not homeless) tell me that they only say that cause they don't seem to have other options. Or they want to give the impression of control (I don't need help, I'm in control, I choose to be here)--- Well, she states simply, the solution is simple... homes.

But just as I read that, it dawned on me that in Eritrea, and many other very very poor places there are no "homeless" people per say (or the very least very very few). This is mostly because a lot are already very poor, and a lot can build (or attempt to in a very haphazard way) their own home. Everyone has a place... it's just crappy.

It gets me to think... there is a solution in that somehow.

The Author
--
ሰላም ዮሃንስ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home