Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Why I'm not going

I'm sure you all have heard about that movie coming out...

You know...

The one that is being heavily criticized but religious folks everywhere.
You know...

The one that on one hand says it's just fiction, enjoy it. But on the other hand they have HUGE billboard saying "Seek the Truth". Now a friend pointed out that 'seek' is a verb, so technically they aren't claiming to have the truth. True... well not really.

Though it would be nice to think that they are simply asking us to find out for ourselves what the truth is, but the truth of what they are really saying is different.

The movie teaser implores us to seek the "truth" of the "greatest cover up in human history". A quote from the movie. Of course they are free to quote from there own movie. But make no mistakes they intentionally want people to consider if it's the truth.

It all comes down to money.

20 years from now, no one will remember this movie. And if they do it wont be because of it's groundbreaking ... but because it made money by being offensive to Christians.

I wont help them by making them more money. I wont, in anyway, add to their pocket books. I will not be a party to that evil.

The are free to do what they wish in this society. If God doesn't stop them, who am I to try? But I wont help them either.

And...

I wont mention their name here either.

The Author

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home